Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dear McLeod Ganj,

Hey, buck up little man. There's no reason whatsoever for you to feel so glum. Your air is so clean and crisp. You have a lot to offer all of the tourists that come. I really enjoyed the momo cooking class. I'm excited to make some more in the future (or at least have Yangzom use the recipe I learned). I also enjoyed visiting the Dalai Lama's temple and the Norbulingka handicraft center. Walking around and shopping was a lot of fun too.

I know that everyone says they're going to Dharamshala when really they're coming to see you, McLeod Ganj. You deserve the credit. After all, it's your pine-covered mountainside that people are hiking through. It's the momos in your restaurants and enlightenment at your temples that everyone is coming for.

Just for you, McLeod Ganj, I'm not going to refer to you as Dharamshala any more. After all, there's no way someone like the Snow Tiger could do his Tibetan cultural dancing anywhere except McLeod Ganj.

Refreshed because of you,
jason

No comments:

Post a Comment